Native mLearning Apps
These apps are designed for specific mobile platforms using vendor SDKs and platform-specific programming languages. For IOS, we use Objective-C or Swift, and for Android, Java is the default, while Windows needs C#. We also build Native apps using cross-platform tools like Xamarin.
- Available to users in offline mode once downloaded.
- Provides an enhanced user experience by making full use of device hardware functionality like camera, GPS, audio and video, touch screen functions.
- LMS Tracking is possible with custom-built SCORM compliant native apps that can be tracked by LMS with mobile-enabled capabilities.
Web mLearning Apps
Web mobile apps are created with HTML5 as the foundation. These apps are distributed through a central online location and can be accessed through a web browser installed on a mobile device.
- Provides a responsive learning experience irrespective of the device or operation system used.
- SCORM compliant web apps can easily provide a viable tracking control to mobile enabled LMS’s.
- Web apps do not provide the high-quality appearance of the content as compared to Native apps. The user experience may be compromised.
Hybrid mLearning Apps
Overall, hybrid mobile apps enjoy the best of both worlds – Native and Web. We use frameworks like PhoneGap to develop hybrid apps.
- Can be run on multiple platforms
- Can exploit the device hardware functionality to provide a better user experience
Check out our ecommerce solutions